If you're on the road and looking for outstanding places to have a beer, Beer Advocate.com has drawn up a list of what it says are the best "50 Places to Have a Beer in America."
The list is a result of site users' comments on BeerFly. It includes both brewpubs and beer bars. Here's the top 15, with the whole list available here:
1. The Moan and Dove, Amherst, MA
2. The Publick House, Brookline, MA
3. Spuyten Duyvil, Brooklyn, NY
4. Toronado, San Francisco, CA
5. The Map Room, Chicago, IL
6. Cock & Bull Pub, Sarasota, FL
7. Papago Brewing, Scottsdale, AZ
8. O'Brien's Pub, San Diego, CA
9. Stuffed Sandwich, San Gabriel, CA
10. Capital Ale House, Richmond, VA
11. Six Pax & Dogz, Swissvale, PA
12. Mahar's, Albany, NY
13. Selin's Grove Brewing Co., Selinsgrove, PA
14. Capital Ale House At Innsbrook, Glen Allen, VA
15. Brick Store Pub, Decatur, GA
NEW YORK -- The city is headed into prime tourist season, that bustling time between Labor Day and New Year's Eve when the world comes to the Big Apple.
A couple of familiar faces will be plying their trade in person, furthering the growing connection between TV and food.
Anne Burrell, who you see as celeb chef Mario Batali's sous chef on various "Iron Chef" segments, will be cooking at the new modern Italian restaurant Centro Vinoteca. It is scheduled to open at 74 Seventh Ave. S. in November.
And, we segue from a quiet TV performer to a bombastic one. Manic Brit Gordon Ramsay ("Hell's Kitchen") will make his American real-life debut with a restaurant named for himself, planned for a November opening at The London NYC Hotel. It's located in the former Rihga Royal Hotel at 151 W. 54th St. His new adjacent bar/lounge, The London Bar, will offer a small-plates concept.
- ► 11 (28)
- ► 10 (21)
- ► 09 (68)
- ► 10 (17)
- ► 03 (21)
- ► 02 (16)
- ▼ 06 (46)
- ► 05 (35)