Suzanne Johnson of Tilley's Café in Burlington, VT, has been named "Restaurateur of the Year" by the Vermont Hospitality Council, the tourism division of the state Chamber of Commerce.
The award is designed for an individual who continues to demonstrate excellence in the operation and management of a restaurant in Vermont. Johnson, says the Hospitality Council, "is a marketing expert and innovative entrepreneur [who] contributes to the community and supports her staff in improving their service and knowledge. Tilley’s Café is Vermont’s first green restaurant and Vermont’s only restaurant with valet service."
The four other Hospitality Council awards:
• Borden E. Avery Innkeeper of the Year: Bud McLaughlin and Bill Wolfe, Holiday Inn, Rutland.
• B&B Innkeeper of the Year: John Perkins and Jay Kerch, The Phineas Swann B&B Inn, Montgomery Center.
• Chef of the Year: Gerry Nooney, Sugarbush Resort & Timbers Restaurant, Waitsfield.
• Allied Member of the Year: Rochelle Skinner, Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation.
Award recipients will be honored at the Vermont Chamber Hospitality Gala, 5:30 to 10 p.m. Wednesday, September 16, at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa.
ON THE WEB
• Tilley's Cafe
• Holiday Inn, Rutland
• The Phineas Swann B&B Inn
• Sugarbush Resort & Timbers Restaurant
• Dowd's Guides
- ► 11 (28)
- ► 10 (21)
- ▼ 09 (68)
- ► 10 (17)
- ► 03 (21)
- ► 02 (16)
- ► 06 (46)
- ► 05 (35)